The biggest pay per view draw in the history of the Mixed Martial Art (MMA) Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) arena Brock Lesnar may never step foot again in Octagon if we have to believe Dana White.
The UFC President Dana White while confirming the development to ESPN said that the proposed UFC return of Brock Lesnar has been cancelled, with former heavyweight champion now a retired fighter.
Lesnar, 41, had been expected to return to the Octagon this summer against current UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier.
Lesner who lost his WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 35 last month, was expected to take time off from WWE to head into battle with Daniel Cormier.
Lesnar had previously made clear a desire to return to UFC, and has been listed as being in the United States Anti Doping testing pool. But instead, Lesnar has opted to retire, according to White.
The UFC chief had been working towards a deal which would see ‘The Beast’ face off against Cormier this summer.
On Wednesday, May 1, Dana White told ESPN that Lesnar has instead opted to retire.
“He told me he’s done, he’s retired,” White was quoted by ESPN.
“We’re going to move in another direction with Cormier.”
Cormier now looks set to face off once again against Stipe Miocic, in a title rematch.
Soon after the new broke out , the UFC fans and Lesnar were shocked and social media was abuzz with the development.